2017 TRON Symposium (TRONSHOW)
Call for Papers

VISA papers

Required papers for obtaining VISA to enter Japan

Participants who require a visa to enter Japan should apply for a visa at a Japanese consulate or diplomatic mission in their respective country well in advance of their departure. Participants are also advised to contact their local travel agents or carriers. The embassy may take at least two weeks for visa processing. For more information, please visit the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan at

  1. Please note that citizens of some countries are exempted for obtaining VISA for a short stay (15 days, or more) such as attending the
    academic/technology symposium. Attending the paper session of 2017 TRON SYMPOSIUM (TRONSHOW) is such a case.
    Explanation at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Page:
    (Please read the additional notes below the table in the page very carefully to see if some special conditions may apply to your case.)
  2. If you find that you are required to obtain VISA before entry to Japan, the nearby embassy or consulate needs to be approached after preparing papers as is explained in the following web page of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan.
    Embassies and Consulates:
    Your VISA type would be short-term visit:

The attendee must prepare a set of documents: some are prepared by the attendee. But the attendee also needs a set of papers from the organizers of 2017 TRON Symposium (TRONSHOW).

[If you are from China, Russia, the CIS Countries, or Georgia or the Philippines, you need to follow a different procedure. Please note the special URLs listed for these countries/regions.]

Typically, the organizer of 2017 TRON Symposium (TRONSHOW) shall send the following two documents to the attendee:

(a) Letter of reason for invitation

(b) Schedule of Stay

A copy of SAMPLE Schedule of Stay (PDF with input form, preloaded with some data in field.)

will be sent to those who request for necessary papers.

So please write to us if you need the papers.

Please note (a) and (b) are listed as the part of the required documents:

For completing the document (a) in full and stamping it with a seal, we need the applicant's name (spelled in Roman/Latin letters), gender, nationality, occupation, birth date, and the postal address of each person for whom VISA papers are required.

We need the postal address to send you the sealed (stamped with a seal) document.

For (b), you can print it and fill in the details.

You need the arrival and departure date (planned), and the flight numbers, and the hotel name and its telephone number: for flights and hotels, specify "being reserved" if you have not fixed the reservations, etc.

So please send in the required information to fill in the form (a), and modify and fill in the sample file for form (b) above. To the form (b), the organizer will add its contact person’s name during your stay in Japan and the mobile phone number. This is requested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Please contact Mr. Chiaki Ishikawa, publicity chair of 2017 TRON Symposium (EXHIBITION) [chiaki.ishikawa [ at ] ubin.jp] if your counterpart at the embassy or consulate general needs an additional paper from the Symposium organizer.